CALL-OUT: Mass Stadium-filling Events to Save the Services that Save Us! Posters, key materials and resources
Posted: October 30, 2019
(October 30, 2019) — Want to save our public health services? Want to save our Public Health Units, ambulance services, local hospitals and long-term care homes? Join us at our 4 stadium-filling events to save the services that save us.
We are planning to fill four stadiums (or similar venues) across Ontario with thousands of local residents at each event to call on the provincial government to save these vital local health care services that save us.
The Doug Ford government intends to:
- Cut funding for and eliminate 25 out of 35 local public health units across Ontario;
- Eliminate 49 out of 59 local paramedic & ambulance services, and eliminate 12 of 22 local dispatch units;
- Impose more real-dollar cuts to local hospitals,
- Impose real-dollar cuts to long term care homes and cancel two special funds that provide support to long-term care homes.
- We are also hearing about home care services being privatized in local communities and there are major cuts to care provision staff in the provincial agencies including the LHINs.
Dates, Times, and Locations
Toronto: Saturday November 9, 11:30 a.m. at Nathan Phillips Square
Sault Ste. Marie: Saturday November 30, 12 p.m. at George Leach Centre, Algoma University
Ottawa: Saturday December 7, 11 a.m. at TD Place Arena, Lansdowne Park
Want to help out? You can do so by donating today or by volunteering at one of our volunteer offices across Ontario (see below).
Chatham: 137 King St W, Chatham, ON N7M 1E4, Canada. Contact the office at either (226) 402-2724 or (519) 677-1419.
Sault Ste. Marie: 24 Queen St E, Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6A 1Y3, Canada. Contact the office at either (705) 297-1868 or (705)-542-8614.
Ottawa: 838 Somerset St W, Ottawa, ON K1R 6R7, Canada. Contact the office at (604)-700-3200.
Click on the links below for other materials and resources: