Newmarket invited to virtual rally to fix COVID-19 ravaged long-term care
Posted: May 2, 2020
(May 1, 2020)
By: Kim Champion, NewmarketToday
The toll of COVID-19 outbreaks in York Region’s long-term care residences rose again yesterday, April 30, with the deaths of one Newmarket resident and four Aurora residents being reported.
A 79-year-old man passed away at Mackenzie Place Long-term Care Home in Newmarket on Tuesday, April 28, after testing positive for COVID-19 on the day symptoms appeared on April 18.
He is the seventh resident to die at the Revera facility on George Street, which has one of the most serious of 40 institutional outbreaks in the York Region with 57 residents and 19 staff confirmed with COVID-19.
Institutional outbreaks account for 65 per cent of Newmarket’s now 139 cases.
Here’s how you can get involved in the day of action to fix long-term care:
- Visit the day of action event today, May 1 anytime between 12 p.m. and 11:30 p.m.
- Add a post with your photo to the discussion tab on the Facebook event with a comment and use the hashtag #FixLTCFord.
- Individual photos will be posted on Facebook feeds, Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #FixLTCFord.
- Also post the photo on your own Facebook page as well with the hashtag #FixLTCFord.
- If you’re a Twitter user, tweet your photo using the hashtag #FixLTCFord and tag @fordnation.
- You can also post to Instagram using the hashtag #FixLTCFord.
- Don’t forget to include the hashtag in all your posts #FixLTCFord so that the coalition can count you as joining the day of action.
- Not sure how to share your photo on social media? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with a comment and it will be shared for you.