Ontario Health Coalition will hold Halton chapter summit on April 19
Posted: April 7, 2022
(April 5, 2022)
By: Oakville Beaver
The Ontario Health Coalition will hold a summit on Tuesday, April 19 to discuss their fears that the Ford government will increase privatization of the province’s health-care system.
The virtual event will take place at 7 p.m.
Featured speakers include:
• Burlington, Halton, Oakville Health Coalition chair Mervyn Russell;
• Advocates for LTC Reform founder Sandra Caleta;
• McMaster University Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics professor Dr. Gordon Guyatt;
• Registered nurse Sandra Ashcroft;
• Haematologist and patient safety and research integrity advocate Dr. Nancy Olivieri.
Both Oakville MPP Stephen Crawford and Oakville North—Burlington MPP Effie Triantafilopoulos have said the use or function of private hospitals and independent health facilities in Ontario is not being expanded or changed.
To register in advance, visit us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZAlce2rpjMtGtz-8cKEBMK_scj0FvOhuJFf.
The Ontario Health Coalition is a non-profit, non-partisan public coalition that exists to protect and improve Ontario’s public health-care system.