EVENT: Online Day of Action to Fix Long-Term Care This Friday!
Posted: April 30, 2020
(April 30, 2020)
Join us for an online Day of Action to Fix Long-Term Care!
[See event details and RSVP on the Ontario Health Coalition Facebook event here!]
Join the online Day of Action to Fix Long-Term Care This Friday
COVID-19 is spreading exponentially in Ontario’s long-term care homes. The homes already suffered critical staffing shortages and inadequate levels of care before COVID-19. Now the situation is an emergency.
The Ford government has made improvements to testing, and their recent announcement to improve wages for frontline workers was a huge step forward to improving long-term care for workers and residents. We need to make sure these wage increases become permanent and get Doug Ford to address other systemic issues in long-term care.
The conditions of care for our loved ones are the conditions of work for the staff. We, the families, the residents, concerned community members, staff, health professionals, nurses, doctors, unions are speaking with one voice. We have a chance to make real progress now.
HOW CAN YOU JOIN THE ONLINE DAY OF ACTION?
- Print the poster found above, which is also attached at the end of the post, or simply hold it up on a computer, tablet or other device.
- Take a picture of yourself with the poster.
- On Friday, May 1, post your photo here to the Facebook event page and add a comment.
- If you’re a Twitter user, tweet your photo using the hashtag #FixLTCFord and tag @fordnation.
- You can also post to Instagram.
- Don’t forget to include the hashtag in all your posts #FixLTCFord so that we can count you as joining in the Day of Action.
- Not sure how to share your photo on social media? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll share it for you!
- Share this message with everyone you know!
We are asking Doug Ford to:
- Immediately improved access to PPE
- Permanently improved wages + full time work
- 4-hr minimum care standard
- Better infection control
- No more for-profit care
Invite your friends and family. Spread the word and let’s make senior care a priority well after the pandemic is over.