EVENT: Giant Rocking Chair Tour 2015
Posted: June 3, 2015
(June 3, 2015)
“Rock in” Ontario’s Way to Comfort, Safety and Care
Come out and show your support as we, make time to care!
Join the Ontario Health Coalition, local health coalitions, friends and allies as we tour the province, pushing for improved access to care and improved levels of care in Ontario’s long-term care homes. A giant 10-foot tall rocking chair will accompany the tour, symbolizing comfort, safety and compassionate care.
Did you know…?
- There have been more than 20,000 patients on wait lists for long-term care home spaces, for more than a decade?
- Almost 2/3 of long-term care residents have dementia and almost half have aggressive behaviours?
- The most common complaint of families, residents, and staff alike is that there isn’t enough care to meet the basic needs of their loved ones and residents safely.
There is a solution!
- The Ontario government must set a minimum care staffing standard of 4-hours of hands-on care per day, per resident.
- The Ontario government must improve access to care and reduce wait times.
The tour will stop in 24 towns across the province, each involving a special media event. These media events will be approximately 1/2 hour in length, and we want you to be involved!
Tour Updates and Photos:
Smiths Falls, ON – June 3, 2015
Arnprior, Ontario – June 3, 2015
Renfrew, Ontario – June 3, 2015
Pembroke, Ontario – June 4, 2015
Deep River, Ontario – June 4, 2015
North Bay, Ontario – June 5, 2015
Article in Bay Today (North Bay)
Article in The Nugget (North Bay)
Sturgeon Falls, Ontario – June 5, 2015
Huntsville, Ontario – June 6, 2015
Article in Huntsville Forester
Gravenhurst, Ontario – June 6, 2015
Orillia, Ontario – June 7, 2015
Article in Orillia Packet and Times
Midland, Ontario – June 7, 2015
Owen Sound, Ontario – June 9, 2015
Port Elgin, Ontario- June 9, 2015
Kincardine, Ontario- June 9, 2015
Sarnia, Ontario- June 10, 2015
Wallaceburg, Ontario- June 10, 2015
Article for Wallaceburg Courier Press
Chatham, Ontario- June 10, 2015
Windsor, Ontario- June 11, 2015
Article for CBC News (Windsor)
Leamington, Ontario- June 11, 2015
Ingersoll, Ontario- June 12, 2015
Kitchener/Waterloo, Ontario- June 12, 2015
Article in the Waterloo Region Record
Cambridge, Ontario- June 12, 2015
Port Colborne, Ontario- June 13, 2015
Fort Erie, Ontario- June 13, 2015