RESOURCES: Briefing for Long-Term Care Families: Access for Visitors and Essential Caregivers
Posted: January 14, 2021
(January 14, 2021)
A briefing for long-term care families about access to homes for visitors and essential caregivers took place on January 13, 2021. A video recording of the meeting can be found below and via the link here.
Long-term care resources
*Note: These resources are for long-term care only. For retirement home resources, please see the section with retirement home resources below.
- For complaints regarding a long-term care home’s failure to comply with directive and visitor policies, contact the Ministry Action Line at 1-866-434-0144
- To submit a complaint about a long-term care home to the Patient Ombudsman, which must be in writing, visit their website found here for more information. You can also contact their office at 1-888-321-0339 for any assistance.
- For the slides used in the video briefing found above, click here.
- Government directives, orders and policies regarding essential caregivers and visitors
- Chief Medical Officer of Health’s Directive #3 to Long-Term Care Homes, dated December 7, 2020
- Minister’s Directive: COVID-19: Long-Term Care Home Surveillance Testing and Access to Homes, effective January 8, 2021
- Ministry of Long-Term Care’s COVID-19 Visiting Policy, effective December 26, 2020
- Ministry of Long-Term Care’s Frequently Asked Questions COVID-19 Visiting Policy, dated December 26, 2020
- Ministry of Long-Term Care’s Frequently Asked Questions – Staff, Student and Volunteer COVID-19 Testing in Long-Term Care Homes, effective January 8, 2021.
- For the Advocacy Centre for the Elderly’s winter newsletter, which contains updates and important information, click here.
- For legal services, contact the Advocacy Centre for the Elderly at 1-855-598-2656 or 416-598-2656. Phone lines are open on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
Retirement home resources
- For important information and resources for retirement homes, visit the Retirement Home Regulatory Agency’s website here.
- For retirement home complaints, contact the Retirement Home Regulatory Agency at 1‐855‐275‐7472. More information about filing a complaint can be found here.